Presently sponsored by: MEGA – The world’s largest provider of zero-knowledge E2EE cloud storage plus chat. Join 200m others who enjoy privacy – try MEGA for free.
I seem to have spread myself across a whole heap of different things this week which is fine (it’s all stuff I love doing), but it has made for rather a “varied” video. I’m talking (somewhat vaguely) about the book I’m working on, how Facebook has nuked all news in Australia (which somehow means I can’t even post a link to this blog post there), yet more data breaches, the awesome Prusa 3D printer I now have up and running and a whole heap more about the IoT things I’ve been doing. All that and more in this week’s update.
- The Prusa 3D printer is awesome (I posted that tweet shortly after recording the video, that one is going to be a 14 hour print of a castle)
- The Facebook news ban has led to some absolutely idiotic political commentary (this is just face-palmingly stupid)
- And yeah, in case this is news to you, Facebook has blocked showing of any Aus news (that’s both Aussies sharing news and other people sharing Aussie news)
- I finally have a really neat model for controlling smart lights with dumb switches courtesy of Shelly (it’s beautiful in its simplicity 😊)
- Sponsored by: 1Password is a secure password manager and digital wallet that keeps you safe online